Understanding Provider Pricing and Billing
This topic describes the basic billing and invoicing information for partner accounts, including customer billing.
Megaport billing features let you review your invoiced costs and manage access to billing information.
- A billing market was set up for your company profile when you registered your account and created a company profile.
- The partner account receives a monthly invoice directly from Megaport for all of its managed accounts.
- All managed accounts are invoiced by the partner.
- Each managed account is identified with a unique account number, called a managed account reference.
- All managed account references are rolled up into a consolidated invoice for the partner account.
- Each partner is responsible for all charges incurred by themselves and all managed accounts.
Partner account users that have been referred by a Distributor cannot access billing markets or invoices. The Distributor enables the billing markets and acts as the billing agent for all referred partners. All invoices go directly to the Distributor account.
- All services are billed at the Megaport list price in VantageTransact.
- Discounts aligned to a partner commission are calculated at the time of billing.
PartnerVantage approved deals can be associated with services in VantageTransact. Deal discounts are calculated for invoicing.
To register approved deals and associate them with managed accounts, see your partner sales representative.
For details, see Associating a Deal with a Service.
- All charges to the partner account and the managed account are invoiced with the partner account tax treatment and any exemptions for the billing market applied.
- Partners incur tax remitted by Megaport.
- Resellers incur managed account taxes remitted by the partner.
- Taxes are applied in VantageTransact against the final billed amount.
For details on taxes, see Understanding Your Megaport Partner Invoice.
The Billing page shows billing details for the selected service. You can view upcoming estimated bills and any changes to the configuration over a given month.
To view billing details for a service
Log in to a partner account.
Go to the Services page.
Click the gear icon next to the Service.
On the Connections Details page, click Billing.
For descriptions of the billing graph and details, see Viewing Billing Details.
Understanding billing by service type
To understand billing details for a Port, see Port Contract Terms.
To understand billing details for a Megaport Cloud Router (MCR), see MCR Billing.
To understand billing details for a Megaport Virtual Edge (MVE), see MVE Billing.
To understand billing details for a Virtual Cross Connect (VXC), see Virtual Cross Connect Pricing.